Frustration has set in looking for just the right fabric for our Pearsall dining set! All of our current inventory, which is pretty extensive, was either just not right or there wasn't enough yardage.
I spent hours Tuesday looking through all our local fabric dealers and had picked up a chenille that looked like it may work in desperation. Maybe for another project, but not this one!
The table as well as the chair frames are done and ready. I just need the correct clothes for our new princess!
It's been a bit of a long slow slog to get these frames up to speed but they look great!
I originally thought I'd have to replace all the foam on the seat cushions, but although the base rubber foam is pretty hard and dried there is another foam over this from the last recovery and they seem quite comfortable as is and still look quite original to the set and I think I'll leave these alone as well as what may be the original padding on the backs. I will definetely add a bit of cotton batting to the mix to plump them up some...
The the new plugs for the chairs are ready to install and all the components for the seats and backs redo are in place. Just need the right complimentory fabric! I've got some bids out on some auctions that look like they may work without spending an arm and a leg. Hard to tell until we get to feel and see in person!
Hope to post the total make over soon!!